How long do people stay on your site and “look around”? Your bounce rate will impact your Quality Score, CTR, and Ad Relevancy. In an Adwords campaign if you have a high bounce rate then you are definitely paying for it — and at a high cost. Typically a high bounce rate means one of the following to the user:
- Your site is not relevant to what they were looking for
- Your site took too long to load
- Your site did not provide the answer they were looking for fast enough
- Your site appears bad to the viewer and they are uninterested
The bounce rate is something to always be working on, you can never get this low enough. Set small, achievable goals for yourself to bring it down by 2%, 5% or 10% each month. Here are some practical ways to start lowering your bounce rate:
- Increase the ad relevancy on your campaigns to improve your paid search bounce rate.
- Improve the speed on your website (helps with paid and organic bounce rate).
- Improve the landing page experience for users after they click on your ads.